ROOIBOS, A PREBIOTIC SUPERFOOD, COMBINED WITH ADDED PROBIOTICS TO HELP PROMOTE GUT HEALTH.
BREWED ORGANIC ROOIBOS, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, AND PROBIOTICS.
The body is full of bacteria, both good and bad, but when out of balance it often results in an unhealthy gut. The powerful combination of rooibos, grape juice, probiotics and apple cider vinegar assist in supporting gut health.
- Rooibos’ antioxidants acts as a prebiotic in our gut and has a calming effect on the digestive system. Prebiotics serve as food for probiotics thereby stimulating the growth of beneficial gut bacteria to relieve stomach spasms, diarrhoea and stomach acid secretion.
- Grape juice is rich in resveratrol - a polyphenol that inhibits chronic inflammatory disorders by stimulating the growth of beneficial bacteria and inhibiting the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the gut. Grape juice is also rich in polyphenols which act like prebiotics in the gut.
- Probiotic (Bacillus coagulans) is a probiotic strain that relieves diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating and intestinal gas. Co-ingestion of probiotic (Bacillus coagulans) and prebiotics (rooibos & grape juice) has also been shown to increase the levels of beneficial bacteria and organic acids (compounds that reduce the colonization of pathogenic bacteria).
- Each BOS probiotic shot contains 1 Billion colony forming units (CFU) of Bacillus coagulans per serving. According to numerous scientific studies, 1 Billion CFU per day is the daily dose that supports gut health claims, while 500 million CFU supports immune health claims.
- Apple cider vinegar is high in acetic acid, an active compound that kills harmful bacteria in the gut. It improves digestion as it increases the acidity of your stomach, which helps your body create more pepsin (the enzyme that breaks down protein). It also fights inflammation in the gut, improves insulin sensitivity and lowers blood sugar levels after meals which are known to cause inflammation in the gut.